Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Have A Blog!

I just created my blog, finally convinced to start one after watching Julie & Julia. I can't promise how long I'll stick with it (especially if no one reads it!) but for now, here I am.

For anyone who doesn't know, I just got married in December (to my best friend Andrew!) and moved from Indiana to Harrisburg, PA. It's been almost 4 months, but I still kinda feel like the new girl in town. I have a horrible sense of direction, so I still don't completely know my way around and am trying to figure out where everything is. I've been lazy and just letting Andrew drive me everywhere except work, which is part of the problem. I guess it's time to man up (woman up?) and start going places by myself. Eeek...

I'm also finally starting to make some friends here, but I don't know any of them all that well yet. I miss my close friends, both from home (Chambersburg) and Indiana.

AND I'm trying to find a job..except that I don't really know what I'm looking for. I don't know what I want to do with my life. Well, ok, that's a lie, I do know. I want to be a housewife and stay home and clean and decorated my apartment, and finally become a really good cook, and take care of my babies (when I have them, which won't be for a very long time yet) and do volunteer work, and write books, and paint and read and only work part-time if I feel like it. But that can't happen for a while because Andrew has to get through law school. So I've gotta find something to do in the meantime.

If you know of anything I'd be good at, or have any suggestions, please let me know.
Happy searching to me!

1 comment:

  1. yay blog! congrats on your first post- keep it up- will be great to hear how you're getting along!

    ReplyDelete