Thursday, December 9, 2010

Finnster




Ok, so once again, it has taken me months to update (I'll start doing better, I swear!), but I blame it on becoming a new mom.....to a puppy. The most ADORABLE little French Bulldog puppy in the entire universe and beyond named Finn.
On November 10th, Andrew and I picked him up at the airport (where he flew in from Illinois) and I held the tiny little sucker for the first time. We bonded immediately (I've always kind of wondered if the brown furry coat I was wearing that day had anything to do with it; maybe he thought I was his real mom) and he fell asleep on my lap for the drive home. He's been following me around ever since. He LOVES to be held. I've almost completely mastered putting on makeup and getting dressed with one hand while holding him in the other. He still cries when I don't let him in the shower with me. He's Definately a mama's boy. NOT that I am complaining. While it can be un-handy sometimes, I know I will be devastated if he ever grows out of it.
And he IS growing. He was less than 3 pounds when we got him and as of his vet visit today, he is now 6.4. He's laid-back, sweet, and the goofiest dog I've ever seen. It's like he TRIES to make us laugh. And he's got my smile.
I think having a puppy is the best practice for having a kid as you can get..without actually having a kid. He takes a lot of time and energy and maintenance (and money) and I have to plan my life around him. As my friend Tammy said, it's all the responsibility of having a kid without the possibility of causing psycological damage. He's totally worth all of it of course, but at the same time, has shown me once again that I am still NOT ready for kids. Not even close.
Case in point, this morning I was feeling incredibly proud of myself for getting Finn to the vet (clean and on time) all by myself. Then my friend Rachel came to visit toting her THREE kids along all by HERself. A 2 year old and twin babies. I have no idea how she does it. Kudos to Rach and all you other supermoms out there. You truly have my utmost admiration.




1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're sweet. :)
    Don't worry, you will be ready when your time comes. You have the perfect start with little Finn!

    ReplyDelete